Friday, April 3, 2020

pick up dinner

Bob and I ordered dinner from Olive Garden yesterday... part of our help restaurants make it plan. The restaurant had painted numbers on the parking lot and so we pulled into number 10. The lot was pretty full when we arrived! Someone came and checked out our name and in about 15 minuted came out with our order and placed it in the back seat of our car.
There was enough for two nights ... so leftovers tonight!!
I finally managed to get a time slot for a grocery store pick up... it won't be until Tuesday but I have enough to last till then.  Much to my delight, they have added wine to their grocery store selections!!
We are to park in a special area and call the store to let them know we have arrived . They will bring out my order and place it in the trunk.  It will be interesting since I ok'd that the store could choose an alternative if it was out of an item!!
The store has an early time slot for the elderly ... 6 to 7 am ... too early for us.
We will wear our masks...

ps... Spring is hiding today. The temps dropped to almost freezing and we have had loads of rain and thunder...



1 comment:

Terra said...

Like you I signed up for grocery store shopping but am having it delivered to my house by Instacart, in 3 days. I will report in on how it works out, I already said they can substitute if needed. Meanwhile my sons bring me groceries and we sit on my new front patio and chat, six feet apart. It is wonderful to spend time with them and I praise God for these sunny days.