Monday, April 20, 2020

out of the house... hooray... but in the car

My husband bought a piece of electronic gear at an online auction and needed to go and pick it up... and to drop off something he had for the next auction.  Funny how these guys pass things around among themselves.  Anyway we had to drive to the other side of Kansas City... about 1/2 hour away. We took masks and hand sanitizer and I took a mouse I am hand sewing for my time sitting and waiting.
The men wore their masks ... stayed 6 feet apart... and exchanged things without coming near to each other.
Then we drove home... stopped at a hardware store for electrical conduit connectors and next door for gas on the way.


When I went out to the mailbox I found a very nice thank you card from our mail lady thanking me for the face mask!! I made it out of Royal's baseball fabric which "hit the spot"!! Guess she is a fan!!

Last night I found an email from a grammar school class mate now living in Florida asking if I could send her a mask or two.... hers had gotten worn and couldn't find another.  Put two in an envelope and out to the mailbox this morning!!

Even if it rained both ways and we had navigate road construction and detours, it was nice to get out of the house!!



1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

Thank you for handing out masks. I am surprised at how many who do not sew.