Saturday, March 14, 2020

keeping occupied

Not wanting to get too bogged down with watching the news nor do I want to go out... social distancing is our way to go!
So what to do?? I can't keep on making bear after bear. I have my doubts about how sales will go with the economy in a turmoil so cooking is  the thing to do.  I made a huge batch of ginger cookies this morning. Most of them are in the freezer since my recipe freezes well .
 Bob is still making Irish Soda bread... so we are enjoying that.  We bought a cookbook through PBS when Kevin Dundon , an Irish chef, had a TV series. Bob has been using his recipe !! And playing around by adding things like apricots, craisins etc.
We stocked the freezer  and pantry and will continue our cooking "explorations" - trying some new things - part of keeping boredom at bay!!

When I went out for the newspaper this morning I discovered that we had had hail earlier in the morning. Days of warm 70's are gone for the moment!!

Hopefully while most people are in church tomorrow we can make a quick grocery run. We didn't prepare quite well enough for the cats... and there are a few things I want for us.

We have received email after email telling us whether something is closed or how well they are cleaning and sanitizing....


No comments: