Saturday, March 28, 2020

gorgeous but windy

It is 75 degrees and sunny outside.... nice after three days of off and on rain!! BUT it is windy. Bob and I went out on the deck after hearing a boom. We thought it might be the chairs but no... it was dead limbs falling! Anyway I decided to turn the chairs over and make them a little windproof.

I took a quilt top my sister-in-law had mailed from South Carolina to a friend of mine that will quilt it for her. I put the box on my friend's front steps and found she was at her window. So keeping "social distancing" we had a nice chat. I hadn't seen her since all this started!!
When the quilt is done I will pick it up and mail it back to South Carolina!!  Usually my sister-in-law brings a quilt top with her when she makes her annual visit... but won't be coming this year. She has COPD and doesn't want to take any chances.

My younger daughter is confined to her office for the day!  Her husband gave her a writers's workshop for an anniversary present. Needless to say... the physical event was canceled and she is participating online.

A friend's husband died last week. Not from the virus but still. Aside from other health aspects he had recently broken a hip and after a stay in the hospital had been transferred to a rehab center just as all this started. So my friend could not visit him and he probably died alone.  So no funeral either. Cremation.

The bear sweater is done... now to make a bear to fit it!! 

2 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

It's a strange new world.

Kay said...

Oh gosh... that is so very sad. I’m glad you’re keeping up your social distancing.