Saturday, May 9, 2020

the hunt for 1/4 inch elestic....

I guess the masks I made and sent with my daughter were not enough. I have been asked to make more and even have been been offered payment... nope... no way !  I have made 5 more and have run out of the 1/4 inch elastic I need.
So Bob and I did an online search... all the local stores have curb side only and are OUT OF STOCK !!  Amazon.com has loads but huge rolls of it - up to 100 yards Too much for me! And no guarantee of arrival date. Next was eBay where I could buy lots ! We chose a supplier who had 9 yards in stock and an arrival of May 15th !
Hooray... fingers crossed that we are successful!!

I may run out of fabric remnants next...

3 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Thank you for keeping on with the masks.

Kay said...

No kidding??? I ordered elastic from Amazon on March 30th and it STILL hasn’t arrived. I have masks made, but no elastic. And I don’t want to buy more elsewhere since I have 200 yards that’s supposed to come.

Bettina Groh said...

Kay... how about ordering a small amount so you can make some while you wait for the 200 yds to arrive?? I found my supplier on eBay