Friday, May 1, 2020

online teaching

The other day my teacher-daughter mentioned that she had just signed up for a four week class for teachers teaching online.... part of which will help the teachers cope with students experiencing emotional problems due to the online aspects of school.  I know that my daughter has problems reaching some of her students and their parents/family via computer and phone.
.  And with way too many not handing in their assignments ... and being surprised at their grade!! The kids have a little time to get the assignments emailed to my daughter... but won't get full credit. But some is better than none!  BTW... she currently teaches 9th grade English.
  Still no decisions from any local school districts on what next year will be like.


It looks like we are going to have another warm sunny day!!

A friend came over yesterday to drop off a quilt she had quilted for my sister-in-law in South Carolina. We ( my husband, the friend and I)  sat around on the front steps - staying the required distance apart - and chit chatted for awhile. We all needed that !!
Bob will box up the quilt and mail it off!

Today is May Day... and my husband's 79th birthday... wish he would make up his mind how to "celebrate"!  Obviously most things will put off as we did for my birthday last month. ...... well he has agreed to a dinner menu and brownie cupcakes and ice cream.


2 comments:

Kay said...

Happy Birthday to your husband. Brownie and ice cream sounds awesome.

My granddaughter is doing her assignments online too for middle school. They won’t be back into the classroom until September. I’m hoping a vaccine can be around the corner.

Bettina Groh said...

My daughter the teacher is not sure how school will look next fall. Social distancing would be difficult. Maybe half the students each day in school and half at home on the computer... then switching??