Friday, February 14, 2020

emails back and forth

One of my bear customers has a bear on her mind... one that looks like one she has already purchased but different. So we have been going back and forth via email.... pictures of mohair I have in my stash... sizes of bears and so on !! Kind of fun... but a little frustrating as well. Some of my stash is not quite "vintage" but getting close and the mills are not weaving the same sort of mohair. They are trying to cut costs ( aren't we all!) and favorite colors  and textures are changing as well.
Actually I am trying to use up what I have already purchased...  buying eyes, joints, fiberfill only. At times I am really tempted by the new stuff but am resisting ( for the most part).

We had a little snow and the temps were really low ... about 8 F early this morning ... but they are going up!! Hooray !

The Missouri River and the Mississippi too are going to flood again this spring. The levees have not been repaired from last year's water. The "way up North" reservoirs are already full and the snow melt hasn't begun which will fill them even more.  The poor farmers whose land was flooded will be flooded again ... no crops planted and no harvest again!


Off this evening to our Valentine's Day event... the cheese and cocktail tasting. Not much food on offer so we will eat something before we go!!

1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

How well I remember all the mills closing and the good thread ending. Life goes on.