Monday, February 10, 2020

start of the week

Today, two years ago, my son was killed while on the median of a Kansas highway. He was being a good Samaritan... helping someone who had driven off the highway and overturned. A car coming from the other direction slammed into the two of them. The  other man was thrown and injured. My son was killed.
His death has left a huge hole in all our lives.
My husband, my two daughters and I  have pulled in closer together. Tonight we are having dinner out... just the four of us.

Yesterday my ex-brother-in-law called from the Netherlands where he is spending 6 months doing medical research. He was Robb's godfather and feels the hole greatly.

We will be lighting candles at church later today...  Bob and I ended up lighting all the candles on the top row... Robb was 6'5" !


Our server must have decided we needed cheering up or something... she made a super effort all through our meal. We all ended up laughing and having a good time!  Thank you Amanda!!

2 comments:

maureenlthompson said...

So sorry to hear this, sadly we have a similar tale, our son was killed in a car accident nearly three years ago. We can not ever know the reasoning why these things happen. My thoughts are with you and your family. XXXXX

Joanne Noragon said...

I have no words, except how sorry I am.