Saturday, February 1, 2020

Trying a new recipe

My husband and I had a hankering to try a new recipe... this time it was an Olive Garden copycat one. He loves the potato gnocchi soup. So off to the grocery store for the gnocchi, half and half creamer, spinach leaves and fresh thyme.
I had everything else.... The soup turned out well.

While I was at the store I noticed all the gorgeous red cabbages. That was one of the things my Mother made... so I picked up one for tonight's dinner. I will make pork chops and apple sauce as well!

It's funny how things will bring up memories... I cannot make red cabbage without thinking of my Mother and using Robb's ( my son's) green LeCreuset pot makes me think of him. Guess I'd rather have memories than not...

2 comments:

Terra said...

Oh that potato gnocchi soup sounds good. Sometimes food brings up family memories, for sure.

Joanne Noragon said...

Yes, to memories and cabbage.