Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Baking ....

Started some more Christmas cookie baking ! There have been numerous emails with links to "new" cookies and I have printed out a few and bought the ingredients they needed if I didn't already have them.
One was  a cheddar, craisin and pistachio one and since those are my daughter's favorite nuts... I decided to give them a try. The recipe also called for 1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper... whew. I made a batch... we tried them and not sure they will go over with the family.  They are in the freezer for now.
Today's trial will be for oatmeal, apricot, white chocolate chips and brown sugar. Much more conventional.

Bob's baking has been bread. He tried one for the NY Times baking site. No kneading and it bakes in a covered dutch oven. Fantastic crust!! He will make another soon.   Then he tried a brioche... too cake-like for us.  This afternoon it will be the Gold medal bread recipe.   Luckily.. our grocery store is having a sale on baking "necessities"!!

A lot of the cookies go off to Bob's siblings as part of their Christmas packages. They live  no where near us !

Dough needs to sit an hour in the refrigerator....  so time to do something else while I wait!

Even later.... success  ... cookies look and taste good !




I saw this hint somewhere.... a way of holding up one's printed recipe ! Worked well for me!


1 comment:

Elaine said...

I must have your address - or should I simply follow my nose - your house must smell rather wonderful with all that baking going on! It all sounds so delicious.