Sunday, April 28, 2019

changeable weather

Yesterday my husband and I went to a juried craft show. It was held in Powell Gardens... a botanical garden about 40 miles southeast of Kansas City. A very neat place to visit. The co-sponsor was Missouri Life magazine. There were 100 booths with everything from glass beads to ceramics to soap making, black smithing, dyed wool, weaving, wood items and so on.  There were also food booths, winery booths, distillery booths, honey etc. We enjoyed looking and sampling.... it was warm and sunny but , oh so windy! There were moments when I wasn't sure I was going to stay on my feet!!
By the time we has seen everything, I was too tired to look at the gardens . Pity...

Today was another story... this morning was gray and cloudy and the temperature was in the low 40's. This afternoon we had thunder and a splattering of rain with more to follow overnight.

The violas , lavender, basil and parsley I planted in the boxes on the deck railings are growing like mad. Hope they get well established before we get the typical hot and dry Missouri summer.

No comments: