Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Notre Dame

My husband's great aunt left her upstate NY home to work for the Red Cross after WWI.  We have several  scrapbooks of her time in Europe... everywhere from Yugoslavia to Paris.  Page after page crammed with postcards , pictures and writing!!
She brought back this print of Notre Dame ... I've always loved the look of an older Paris that the print has!






I had to take the picture from an angle so that the reflection from light and flash was eliminated..
The artist was Georges Plasse and the print is signed and numbered.

Having this now is doubly wonderful!!

I posted the picture on Facebook as well  and have been told it's not Notre Dame... family stories are often incorrect. So.. even it if isn't Paris' cathedral it reminds me of it and I love it anyway!!

No comments: