Friday, April 19, 2019

busy week

It has been a busy week. My quilting group ( really a stitch and b**ch group) met here Wednesday night so that meant picking up and light cleaning and making refreshments beforehand. Managed to get that all done in time!!
My elder daughter's non-profit is having its annual fundraising event next week. Its called the "Ungala" and many of Phoenix Family's people and the board etc. wear costumes. Guess who made the costumes for my two daughters... yes... me. Finally finished them both except for the hem on elder daughter's. She wants to try it on first. So Easter Sunday will be try on time!!  I'm not wearing a costume though I have chosen an outfit and had it ok'd.

We are having an easy peasy Easter dinner ... grilled hamburgers and sides etc. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can eat outside!! Not much work means a chance to talk etc.

 Dominic, Bob and I are the only ones who don't work... the rest are super busy. So an easy Easter is really appreciated.
BTW   eleven year old ( 12  in June) Dominic has grown again... He is now 6' 1 inches tall. Every time I see him he is taller!!  His 6' 4 inch father is feeling shorter and shorter!

Our lawn has loads and loads of volunteer violets ... and there are loads and loads of them!!


No comments: