Saturday, October 17, 2020

knitting....babies versus teddy bears

My daughter's step-daughter is having a baby!! So I decided to make the baby a blanket... It's been a long time since I knitted for anything other than a teddy bear!! And small bears at that!!  Stella ( the baby) is due in January so I stopped at Hobby Lobby for yarn and bigger needles ( bigger than ones for teddies!).

I cast on 190 stitches and have been working on a pattern that looks like basket weave .. Knit 5, Perle 5 and after 8 rows switch to P5, K 5. There's a knit only border too.  It's looking good but it's "oh so slow"!!   My hands are "oh so tired"!

I stopped at Hobby Lobby this morning for another ball of yarn. Don't want to run out before I get to 36 or so inches long. While there I found some clearance yarn just right for teddies!!

Luckily the temperatures have dropped, it's not too warm for a lap full of knitting.  We are still sunny and the sky is blue.... BUT acorns are dropping like mad  and branches are falling. The wind gusts are strong !!  Sitting and knitting,   the acorns dropping almost sound like gun shots.



Here's Stella's blanket. Not the greatest picture is it?? It's sage green    no baby colors for Stella according to her Mother!


2 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

That blanket will be lovely.

Kay said...

That is looking truly beautiful. I love it.