Friday, October 23, 2020

gorgeous versus cold and rainy

 Yesterday was a beautiful day... warm ( over 80) and sunny. I went out on the deck and removed all the dead plants from the boxes and readied the boxes for next spring. We have had enough wind recently that the deck and the back yard have loads of dead branches and the leaves are beginning to fall!

 Today is another story. I woke to the sounds of rain and dark skies. The temperature is now getting to 40 and won't get much higher. Things are dark so all the lights are on. I'm sure a second pot of coffee will be necessary.

Only good thing... having Stella's blanket on my lap while I add more rows is nice and comforting! I think I am about half way to be being done!!

Decided I wanted/needed another "ball" of yarn for the blanket so off to Hobby Lobby. Also picked up some Christmas stuff.  I wore my mask.. kept my distance and washed when I got home. But it was nice to "get out of the house"!

3 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

So that's where the storm is coming from.

Kay said...

Looks like many bloggers including myself are having a lot of rain. We needed it though. We're in drought conditions right now.

Jo said...

The same here, though not quite the variation in temperatures that you have. Yesterday was beautiful and sunny, though still cold, today it's dark and pouring with rain. Two totally different days.