Thursday, October 12, 2023

new recipe

 I finally was brave enough to try making a new ( to me) shrimp recipe for dinner tonight.

After thawing and peeling a bag of  raw shrimp I followed the recipe ! First was a wine and melted butter for the bottom of the baking dish. Then the shrimp was coated with melted butter, garlic and lemon juice and this was topped with panko crumbs, grated cheese and melted butter. Into the oven till the shrimp turned pink and the crumb mixture topping browned.

It was good... Bob even had seconds!!

Yesterday... it was split pea soup with carrots, celery, potatoes and a can of chopped ham. Soup means fall doesn't it??

Next soup will be a new recipe - chicken and rice ( a blend of white and wild). Kind of looking forward to that one... lots of veggies and spices!!

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

I have never cooked anything with shrimp in it. However, we LOVE split pea soup. Fall and winter finds me making all kinds of soups.