Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Booster!!

 While we were at Target's pharmacy to pick up Jack's  ( the striped gray cat) pills we checked into the availability of the new COVID booster and the RSV vaccine.

The COVID booster with or without  a flu shot was available right then... the RSV has to be prescribed by one's doctor. I am allergic to the flu vaccine.... so after filling out paperwork I received the COVID booster.. Bob filled out the paperwork and received both.

We both felt that a little more protection for COVID was a good idea since we are headed out to San Diego the beginning of November.

BTW I started feeling a little wonky right away...so am taking it easy this afternoon.

Taking it easy wasn't enough... ended up with a temperature , goose bumps,  shivers and felt rotten. A short nap helped ... food didn't!

Think I will wait before getting the RSV vaccine

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

We need to get that shot too.

Kathy G said...

I got a flu shot the other day, and will schedule the RSV for a couple of weeks from then. Since Since I recently had a bout of Covid I don't have to worry about that for a while, which is a good thing since it's still hard to find.