Wednesday, March 8, 2023

out and about

 Even though today is damp... super gray... and cool we are up and about.  We headed off early , hoping that others were staying home, to the Driver's Office.... the place where you go to renew your driver's license, car plates etc. But found that loads of people tried the same thing!

Thought we had brought all the proof that I am who I am but evidently my passport isn't good enough for the third thing... no address. So we had to head home and find a credit card bill and/or doctor bill!

So electronically signed things, paid my fee and had my picture taken. I now have a paper copy of my new driver's license ... the actually one should arrive in several weeks!!

Bob is off for another session at the cardiac rehab gym...He does stretching and some minor exercises and has his blood pressure monitored. All should help on his return to pre-attack norm?

Fluid draw #3 on Friday...so no blood thinners tonight and tomorrow.

My younger daughter calls every afternoon on her way home from teaching... hands free cell. I hear all about how her gifted class of the day went. Yesterday I heard all about mobius strips ... the kids were fascinated... made their own... cut them up along a center line.. flipped the strips before connecting and so on. The kids made many many of them!! 

Today they worked on graphs... each got a bag of gummi bears and had to graph the number for each color... worked on the  percentages... all good math skills.

She has been arranging field trips for the end of the school year... the youngest class ( kindegarten) will go to the zoo. Several older classes will go to  Kansas City's Science City. The school will make bag lunches for her to take along! I like the fact that her school district provides free breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack for all the kids.

BTW ... she has a different grade level each day. The kids are bussed in from all the grammar schools. The kids are tested and must meet certain guidelines to qualify for her classes.

1 comment:

Terra said...

I think the kids having your daughter as teacher are fortunate, the field trips sounds like fun and learning will happen too.