Monday, March 6, 2023

Gorgeous day

Sunday was gorgeous...sunny and in the low 70's... but windy enough that I thought my hearing aids would blow away!!

So we went to one of the Blue Springs parks. Where the parking lot was packed and lots of people had the same idea.



Last year the Park Department  tore down the old  band shell and erected this new one...Sunday music events will be scheduled soon. All the old bushes etc. have been removed around the lake and the Canada geese are enjoying things. I wounder if it mating season... lots of following and honking going on!!

Bob didn't take a picture of the expanded play area which has equipment for all!! Including a large swing for wheel chairs!! Also a roofed area for picnics with tables etc. And a large sand box for play and volleyball!

Zarda's BBQ is just outside of the park... go through the drive through and take everyone for a picnic!! Sounds like fun!!

We didn't picnic but enjoyed seeing all the changes and  a walk!!

1 comment:

DrumMajor said...

Hopefully you were jesting, but have your audiologist reposition your aids if you think they're too loose. Wind shouldn't make them feel loose. I only lost one when I fell off a horse and my head hit the ground, and the aid was out and on the ground next to my head. (That was high school, glad my head didn't hit a rock. The horse was ready to run back to he barn for food.) Linda in Kansas