Saturday, March 4, 2023

another fluid draw...

 Never can remember the actual word for this... but I had an echocardiogram and  , when reviewing it, my cardiologist did not like the look of  how much fluid had accumulated in the lungs again.... so draw number three will be as soon as they can schedule it!

Actually the process isn't a big deal... after a sonogram locates where the fluid is, the radiologist uses a large needle to drain the fluid. Only  a topical pain killer is necessary. The problem is the fluid compresses the lung and makes me have breathing problems and can be bad for  my heart.  Wish it would stop.


1 comment:

DrumMajor said...

We floor nurses usually call that "a tap." Glad your docs are staying on top of it. I've seen some folks have a quart of so removed, and others up to 3 two-liter sized glass bottle of fluid. Ask the docs what you can do to prevent some of that fluid build-up. Probably taking your meds is one step. It's a tricky balance. Linda in Kansas