Thursday, March 16, 2023

couch surfer

 A friend of my grandson's called him asking for a place to stay. Evidently his Mother had "kicked" him out... with nothing... no clothes, no phone and so on.My daughter could not say "no" but there had to be a discussion first.

The problem between this young man and his Mother ( and her boyfriend) is not recent. I won't go into the details... but my daughter, to agree to his staying, has put limits on things and a deadline for him to find a place to live. (My s-i-l is part of this discussion) The friend has finished high school and is working part-time in a submarine shop and is 17. This is legal adulthood in Missouri and his Mother is no longer ( nor is the State) responsible for him.

Fingers crossed that a solution can be found for him....hoping that a non-profit that works with homeless  teenagers can be enlisted to help.


So far things are going ok... he and my grandson rearranged my grandson's bedroom so they each have an area.. Didn't want to ask my daughter anything more since my grandson was in her car too. They were both coming home from school.  My grandson did have fun with his Mother's 5th grade... lots of chess playing!!

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

Good for your daughter! I hope that a sensible solution can be found.