Saturday, February 6, 2021

waiting for snow

 I made an early run to the Post Office this morning to mail my bears from the Winter Stars online show. One is going to Australia so instead of putting the boxes into my mailbox I had to have that one accepted at the PO... the rest went into the PO's drum package thingy !

The PO had a long line ... very unusual... all of us masked and standing 6 feet apart.

When I returned home my daughter texted me that the grocery stores were mobbed...

What's up I thought. The PO first and then the grocery stores ? Turns out snow is supposed to start around noon and everyone is "preparing"!


It's past noon and so far ... nothing.  Tempting fate we have ordered a curbside dinner pickup for 5 pm. There's time enough for the 2 to 4 inches the weather people predict... we'll see if we are sorry...LOL. So far... nothing but gray sky..

Well... it did snow. When we headed out for our curbside pickup there was about 1.5 inches of snow ... fluffy easy to move. But it was slick and Bob drove slowly. A car spun out doing a 360 degree spin right behind us. No damage but the driver just stayed put for awhile. I would have too!  Then  we passed another car that had done the same thing ( on the right said of the road)... you could see from the tracks. He was also sitting put !

On our way home we could see lots of flashing lights and backup traffic going the direction we had just gone. We just missed it all!!

Our pickup dinner was worth all the "going slow" ... being careful etc.!



No comments: