Thursday, February 4, 2021

Keeping busy

 Today was a baking day... just to keep myself busy I guess.  First I made a soda bread from a recipe my husband found.. No raisins in this one - cheddar cheese and green onions. It was a very sticky dough ( too sticky to get a nice smooth top ) and baked in our Dutch oven. But the end result had great texture and flavor!!  As you can see , we both tried it for lunch. YUM!

Next was one of Joann's blueberry crostatas !!   That one is waiting for dessert this evening!

In the midst of baking , it started to snow. Lots of tiny flakes. The end result looked like everything had been covered with a solid coating of confectionery sugar.  Now it's ALL gone.

We are due for two more snow events by Monday...we'll see!




2 comments:

Kathy G said...

Your bread looks yummy.

Joanne Noragon said...

And I picked up blueberries at the market last time, for more crostatas.