Friday, February 19, 2021

getting warmer

 Every day the high temp is a little bit higher. Our snow total was about 5 inches of fluffy stuff and with the warmer temps we are getting some no snow anymore spots. We are above freezing !

We have been feeding the birds several times a day and they come and eat eat eat..... sparrows,  juncoes, titmouses, blue jays, woodpeckers and cardinals!! Tigger sits on the kitchen table by the window and watches!!

I went into the doctor's office to talk with my nurse practitioner ...  he took the opportunity to do an annual wellness checkup. I wanted to find out about the covid vaccine and my being allergic to the flu one and some other things. My daughter's reaction to the vaccine made me even more nervous.

He didn't think I would have a problem but said he would look into it and call me... which he did. We decided that I would carry my own epi pen... just in case. So after being "tutored" by my teacher/daughter ( the teachers are instructed every year in case they have to use one) I picked up mine at the pharmacy. Remember a few years ago when the new owner of the epi pen company raised the prices and people were really really upset??? I was expecting it to cost an arm and a leg... nope $47.00 copay.

Yes... I know the vaccine sites have their own epi pens.... they have you wait 15 minutes to see if you have a reaction. But what if the reaction is later?

Now Bob and I wait... we still are very careful.


2 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

My doctor advises me to have someone with me for my second shot, since I had a poor reaction to the first and am determined to have the second. Those anti vaxxers don't know what they may be missing.

Kay said...

Both my 91 year old mother and husband has had both shots with no reaction except a sore arm. I had the sore arm with my first and waiting for my 2nd shot scheduled for next month. I'll feel a lot better once I get it. I'm wishing you warmer weather too.