Sunday, June 14, 2020

up early

well... not really early but no time for coffee and the paper. We had to be at "Big Biscuit" by 8 am!! Our first time eating in a restaurant since the lock down.  We wore masks until we were seated. Tables were spread far apart and at every other one. Our server wore a mask.  Our menus were paper table mats - hence disposable.  No huge crowds waiting for a table - they were waiting in their cars for a table to be available.  Felt pretty safe!!

Then I got a call from Target/CVS pharmacy. My three month supply of pills were ready. Target did all the right things ... cart cleaning, lines marked out, 6 foot spots at the checkout, sneeze guards etc. .... BUT the person behind me was right on top of me and without a mask... mentioned the 6 foot distancing and it was like I was speaking Greek. So I put my cart between us and MADE her back up !!  Wore my mask!!

Then when I returned home it was yard work time... moving rocks from the old rock garden. Exhausting... too hot ! Its 90 degrees out! So I quit and went inside for some peach tea !
Another reason for quitting was the wheel barrow decided to roll back and I had visions of falling down the hill flat on my back AGAIN...another broken leg?? No way!!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Yikes! 90 degrees is awfully hot to do work. I’ve seen everybody wearing masks, BUT I also see them wearing it below their noses. Tsk!