Friday, January 10, 2020

lousy forecast

It has been raining off and on all day and the weatherman says the water will freeze tonight and then we will have up to six inches of snow... what a lousy forecast....
.On the other side of Kansas City the ice is already forming on the tree branches and presumably the roads.  Here's hoping that when the cold gets to this side and things start to freeze that all the tree trimming we did a few weeks ago will lessen the possibilities of broken branches and fallen power lines!

We didn't need to make a food run but Bob did pick up another bag of cat food, milk and orange juice when he returned from taking our grandson to his trombone lessons... just in case.

I baked bread... one loaf became part of dinner. It was good!!

Shortly I will be having a nuclear stress test and a sonogram checking for carotid plaque. No food for 4 hours beforehand but even worse no caffeine for 24 hours, Guess I will be drinking water and herbal tea.  I will even have to skip my blood pressure pills for 24 hours. Bob will drop me off since the whole thing will take 4 hours and I don't want him sitting around the waiting room for that long. I'll call when I need a ride home ... it's only 5 minutes away.
I'll take my kindle for whatever down time there is.

Lots of churches, schools and so on are already indicating ( on the tv)  that they will be closed tomorrow... I'm planning on bear/mouse making in front of the fire!!  And when I want something different... a book!


2 comments:

maureenlthompson said...

Hope the test results will be good. Weather pretty nasty here too although I believe KC has it worse.

Kay said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I sure hope the weather stays safe in your neck of the woods. Lots of rain here in Hawaii.