Monday, January 6, 2020

Christmas is undone...

My husband and I tackled the chore of taking all the Christmas decorations down today... the tree, all my Annalee felt mice and deer, the outside lights and whatever we found. The tree is up in the attic. The rest is all boxed up in plastic toted and in the storage area!!
The house looks a little dull and woebegone...I will have to do SOMETHING" before my stitch and bi*** group meets here on the 15th!

Before we tackled the Christmas stuff we went off to Costco to pick up my new hearing aids. Previously I only had one for the "bad ear"... but things have declined in the good one to the point of needing a hearing aid in that one too.

The audiologist did all the programming... making sure the levels were the same ...  Life is a lot louder now.  Will I get used to that? The mantle clock really startled me when it chimed.

BTW these are bluetooth connected via an app on my cellphone and my husband's too. Being almost 75 is not fun all the time!

Our weather is still quite a bit warmer than usual... and dry.  There is fire warning out .. like along the railroad tracks, fields etc.  After all the earlier floods, being so dry is unexpected.




1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

I hope there are no fires for you.