Tuesday, January 9, 2024

what's ongoing


 Went to our local hospital Monday morning for a sonogram... checking the circulation in my legs and feet. The weather outside was gray but no precipitation. But when I was done two hours later it was pouring.

Off to the grocery store with my "stuck in the house" grocery list. Bought more milk than usual "just in case" and three strips of rapid rise yeast in case he's bored and wants to bake again!

When I was done it was still pouring but the store set things up so I could go out to car and drive to the drop off area and a bagger would have brought my cart and would unload into my trunk ... big help!

Bob unloaded at home and I put things away... but by then the rain had changed to big  flakes of snow!!It snowed off and on all evening. By morning all schools were on virtual snow day - everyone stays home and works from online classes! Teachers without students do zoom meetings.

My neighbor - the one that owns a local trash company- put our bin at the end of the driveway so it could be emptied. By 10 the trash company was closed. No emptying today!

I had a doctor's appointment to go over yesterday's test results... but no way. The doctor's office is closed. The doctor called to tell me!!

It's actually very pretty out. We've gotten about 4 inches of snow. With no wind and everything wet from the rain, everything is coated - railings , ground , trees ...even chain link fences! And it is still snowing... tiny flakes!And it's not very cold - 31 right now.

We had a bit more snow and it did get a little windy... From the weather reports we may be hibernating for all of this week... Friday is supposed to be the worst.

One good thing about online snow days is that the the school calendar doesn't get lengthen next May



1 comment:

Kathy G said...

I feel sorry for students who have to substitute virtual school for a real snow day.