Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Obituaries... and saved by the cooks

 Does that title draw people in??  I have been messaging back and forth with a cousin on Ancestry. She is the great grand daughter of one of my grandfather's siblings. We have exchanged family stories .. correcting at times! lol She is really into genealogy !

Anyway she had purchased some obituaries of family members. I learned what my grandfather had died. from from one of them...hypertrophic cardiomyopathy ( genetic). When I told her my family's heart deaths she bought more obits and laid out the family for both of us, Some probably would not have died today... medicine  has changed...But I am going to pass on some of this to my cardiologist.

ps... did not know one had to buy obits!! Maybe that's only true in the UK?? My husband says "no".... for actual official papers one has to purchase them, here in the US too.

My grand daughter called this morning...She is on winter break from college so has been working double shifts in the kitchen at Houlihan's. She said going to work yesterday wasn't bad but no servers showed up. So just the bar and the kitchen were open. So slow that the cooks taught her how to make Creme Brulee's and to do the topping with the small blow torch.

But when it was time to go home , her car's tires just spun. She tried salt and the restaurant's snow shovel but "no go". The five cooks came out and told her they were going to push her out. Success and home she went! No work today.

No comments: