Sunday, September 3, 2023

Trip to Costco..

 My teacher/daughter asked if I could go with her to Costco... I have the membership, she doesn't. I agreed and off we went to purchase snacks for her students...Her  students have a long time from arrival to their scheduled lunch and get pretty hungry. Hungry students don't learn well!! She picked out all sorts of things... big boxes, individually packed... enough for September.  Guess we'll have another trip down the line!

Her students eat their snacks and lunches at their desks. I wasn't aware that schools can have roaches.. mice etc. problems... so  individual packages help as does careful treatment of trash!!


6 comments:

Donna. W said...

Leave it to teachers to spend their own money and time in order to help the children. God bless her.

Kathy G said...

It's a shame your daughter has to spend her own money for student needs.

Bettina Groh said...

Not sure that she is agreed with about the kids needing a snack... but she does have a yearly budget and I hope some of this type of purchases can come from that!! The gifted program (CODE) is separate from regular classroom things.

Donna. W said...

I have a retired blog friend in Kansas City who taught in a school where the kids didn't always have much food at home; she spent her own money to buy them snacks.

Bettina Groh said...

Luckily my daughter's school district moved to giving all students breakfast and lunch and a snack if in an after school program. Kids don't learn when they are hangry and too many of them were!!

Donna. W said...

That's wonderful!