Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Trip downtown into Kansas City

 Now that my hair ( post lockdown beginning) is longer than ever a trip to visit Mark, my stylist, only occurs every 8 weeks. My appointment was this morning. So off I went to Mark's salon ... via the I70 interstate and then through the Plaza area of Kansas City.

Traffic started a slowdown about 15 minutes from home. I said "oh no" to myself... then police cars, a fire engine, an ambulance and a tow truck made their way through the stopped traffic.  When we ( the cars) finally made our way to where everything was happening we could see two wrecked cars, a wrecked highway worker truck and all the stuff that had passed us earlier..

As we all passed the accident we all sped up and headed onto our separate destinations!!

Made it to Mark's a minute early when all of a sudden sirens started wailing... my phone went off with tornado warnings. Yes it is the beginning of March and the tornado sirens are tested on the first Wednesday of the month... but this is Tuesday !

Dashed into the salon... to find out than no one knew what was going on.. We all then found out it was a huge statewide tornado alert!! No tornado was heading our way!!

Then I relaxed and Mark started his "magic"... wash and cut and style. Plus we played catch-up on our lives. Neither of us has had the vaccine... both of us wore masks... Will see him again in late April. In between he will be going up to Idaho to ski with friends ( will he be in  cast next time? ) and a long delayed visit to his parents for Easter.

Trip home was completely uneventful !

No comments: