Tuesday, October 1, 2019

October... fall? No way yet!

Today is another gorgeous day.... blue skies and temperatures in the 80's ! I decided a walk in our park would be a good idea. Lots and lots of Canada geese lazying around or swimming in the little lake... I counted 25 in the water !
Easy to see that the kids are back in school... not a single one when I got there. Then a few preschoolers  showed up with their grandparents to play in the sandbox which is really a sand volley ball court. No matter... they were having fun.

Our YMCA is closing at the end of the month. Bob and I have found a substitute for our Silver Sneakers membership... thank goodness!  My physical therapists have transitioned me from exercises to machines so a new gym is necessary if I want to maintain the improvements they made on my leg!  Which of course I do!  I don't think I will ever be totally pain free ( Thanks Tigger!) but I do feel much better and unless I am super tired.. I don't limp !  Hooray to my physicians assistant for sending me to pt and hooray to the therapists !!

The Kansas City/ Missouri area is having floods again and road closures. Some of the work done on the Missouri River levees has been ruined and will have to be done over.  We are 17 inches above normal in rainfall and still have three months of the year to go.
Looking out of the window, everything is still very very green... only acorns littering the driveway indicate that fall (  should be ) is on its way!

1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

Those eighties are predicted to get worse in Missouri. Keep cool.