Sunday, November 25, 2018

wreath and "blizzard"

Saturday my DH and DD abd I took a class at the local nursery on wreath making. I've always preferred real evergreens but unless I want to stand on the side of the town roads here and trim the city's trees, I can't get any to use. So class it was ...
I hung mine on the front door just hours before our well publicized blizzard hit. I guess the roads are awful and even the interstates have been closed. My daughter's and her kids schools are closed tomorrow and the lists of closings on the television are long.  But we are " stay at homes " when the weather is bad and we enjoyed a quiet afternoon watching the snow fall and listening to the wind. We ended up with about 5 inches of small flake snow...



The tv weatherman says we are going to have another storm next weekend... so mid-week I'll do a grocery store run for milk etc.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

That is my kind of wreath! I love red and green at this time of year. My grandchildren would be envious of that amount of snow. (I don't want to tempt fate, but we don't often get much more than a sprinkling over here on east coast England and that is fine by me.) Stay safe and warm and I hope the snow storms soon pass.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Enjoy your snow!