Friday, December 16, 2022

update ?

 The purging didn't do the trick. Off to the hospital for X-rays and lab work... then back for another the next day but the doctors decided to send me the ER for more stuff. The diagnosis was a pocket of fluid in my lower left lung and an episode of congestive heart failure..... then I was admitted .

 The next afternoon a sonogram was done to locate the fluid... and  a long needle was assembled and a radiologist applied lidocaine.Then he pumped out the fluid... more than a quart.

The next day I felt so much better and was sent home... follow up appointments scheduled. Antibiotic to be taken twice a day!!

Bob spent most of my hospital stay with me and my daughters were very scared and came to the hospital too.


Not sure this is all over with.... everyone is keeping an eye on me....

4 comments:

Kay said...

Good gracious, Bettina. That was really scary!!! I'm so glad you're feeling better and on the road to recovery. Please let everybody take good care of you.

DrumMajor said...

Glad you followed through for your "tapping." Consider taking a probiotic capsule (Align or it's generic equivalent) as far away from a time you take the antibiotic. It will minimize diarrhea and gassy adventures while getting through the antibiotic dosing. Be easy on yourself! Linda in Kansas

Kathy G said...

Oh no!

Glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery.

maureenlthompson said...

Oh dear, I hope you recover fully and quickly. Take care, rest and let your family make a fuss of you. XXXXX