Friday, October 21, 2022

my decision

My primary care physician wants to put me on Fosomax...to help with my decreasing bone density. I have decided not to take it.  The online review is not good at all.. one possible side effect is spontaneous femur fractures.  It was taken off the market for awhile but is now back on.

So I will increase my calcium and vitamin D intake instead.

I am back in my bed ... not great but better than the recliner ... and getting better.

Tigger is getting better too. He really would not eat the dry food made for cats with urinary blockages...and would complain bitterly  about being hungry. So the vet prescribed a canned version which he will eat. Tigger was mightily pleased not to be hungry after eating the first can full!!

Bob has switched our heating/ac furnace to its winter/heat setting. It is getting cold at night - low 30's but no actual frost - and having heat is so nice!! And having the second quilt on my feet is an additional luxury.

We are in a drought.... with burn restrictions. Leaves are falling but color is lacking. I've only seen a few red bushes. Most things are turning yellow or tan and falling....... but the weekend weather report is calling for nice warm ( mid 70's) temps and rain next week!!


2 comments:

RetirementCoffeeShop said...

Some times the side effects of medicine seem to be as bad as the thing they treat. When my wife went through chemo treatment for breast cancer, the side effects were just awful. But, she knew she had to persevere to ultimately beat the cancer.

Kathy G said...

I also had a doctor suggest Fosomax. I also declined.

In addition to calcium and vitamin D, weight-bearing exercise will help a lot to build bones. Do a Google search for foods with a lot of calcium and add them to your diet.