Friday, April 1, 2022

April birthday

 I've always been glad that today ( April Fools' Day) is not my birthday but the 4th is !!  I've always liked  it .. 4 - 4 - 45 !! 

Cards arrived today... one from a friend on Cape Cod!! Wish I were there too ! It's so nice to be remembered!

Next week we are going on a day trip to Rocheport, Mo.  It's a small town on the Missouri River about 1.5 hours East. Wineries ... the Katy Trail... small shops nearby. The Katy Trail was made from no longer used rail beds and goes across most of Missouri. Places like Rocheport have bike rentals so one can ride on the trail for awhile!! If bike riding isn't your thing, one can always walk!!

My plan is to drive to Rocheport... shop... have lunch and return home via different route and stop at some of the wineries!! There are quite a few along the Missouri River between Rocheport and Kansas City!

My daughter sent me a link today. The Kansas City Zoo is looking for donations for Ukraine's zoos. Both for the animals and the workers. I've seen stories on the news about the problems Ukraine's zoos are having... so we donated!!

Kay... I bought a Hawaiian  shirt for my grandson today... to wear when his high school marching band goes to Hawaii for a ceremony with the USS Missouri !! BTW... it seems like these shirts are currently the "in thing" !!


1 comment:

Kathy G said...

Middle Son got married in Rocheport, at a winery overlooking the river. I've always said I wanted to get back there and explore the rest of the town.