Sunday, August 15, 2021

Heinie Groh bottle bat

 Yes... I know he was a long ago baseball player but he was my husband's great uncle. He played professionally from 1912 to 1927. Best 3rd baseman in the deadball era... winner of two World Series rings ( Reds and Giants). After playing he was a coach and a scout . His bottle bat is in the Cooperstown  Baseball Hall of Fame and he is in the Reds' Hall of Fame too!!

Well... the reason for this all is that my daughter's non-profit is holding a fundraising event. The Kansas City Royals baseball team will be one of the sponsors. Event goers wear costumes. I have been hunting around for replica Reds shirts for my family to wear with Heinie's name etc on the back!!

I think we have found a company that will make them!!


1921 Exhibits Heinie Groh | PSA CardFacts®

1 comment:

Kay said...

Wow! That is just so cool!