Thursday, November 19, 2020

Scam phone call

 We received one of those scam phone calls!!  It was supposedly our grand daughter . The caller said she had been in an accident and had been arrested. Bob listened and then asked the person if she had called her parents.... At that point the person hung up.

We called our daughter and she called our grand daughter.... Our grand daughter was at her home lying on the couch during her lunch break. She told her Mother that she was too busy with her two jobs to get arrested!

Glad Bob was too full of questions for the caller to do the usual ask for bail money! Of course our immediate reaction was one of distress and worry for our granddaughter but then reality set in!

4 comments:

Kay said...

That happened to our neighbor. The caller said he was his nephew and didn't want to call his mom because it would worry her. He'd been in a car accident which is why he sounded different and needed $3,000 to pay his bill at the hospital. He needed my neighbor to send the money by Western Union. Well, my neighbor actually went to the grocery store where there is a Western Union, but the manager was dubious and told our neighbor to call his nephew. He did. And what do you know? The nephew had no idea what was going on. My neighbor bought a fruit basket for the manager. :-)

maureenlthompson said...

Could you report it to anyone? People who do that need to face the consequences of their actions.

Joanne Noragon said...

I've had that call. I actually hung up on them, unlike my friend, who led them on for half and hour or more.

Debby said...

Good for you!

I had a scam phone call. A heavily accented voice told me that he was calling me from Microsoft. I said, "You are not." I don't actually think he knew what to do with that. He finally said, "Yes. I am." I said, "Does your mother know that you lie to people for a living?" Man. He swore at me. It was so unexpected I burst out laughing. He swore some more. I laughed even harder. Then he hung up on me.