Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Honk Honk

Went back to the park for a walk this morning and found the flock of geese and goslings munching away near the lake.  I took pictures with my cell and found that I had taken too long. The geese decided I was a threat ( I guess) and started making aggressive noises and stretching their necks, opening their beaks and making noise.
Rather than have them attack I turned around and went back the way I had come...lol !
My Mother and step-father had geese on their farm on the Cumberland Strait in Nova Scotia, Canada... using them for "guard dogs" while raising them for the butcher in the fall.  No one could come onto the barn yard without lots of ruckus from the geese!
I liked the geese best when one came out of the oven for Christmas dinner!!

1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

They certainly are territorial. And possessive. And mean and threatening.