Saturday, October 21, 2017

Home and tired

Bob and I just spent a hectic weekend at the Prim Folk Fest Teddy Bear show up in Des Moines, Iowa. Des Moines is about 200 miles north of Blue Springs ... all interstate 4 lane road through farmland . The cows are still out. The soybeans are drying in the fields and the corn is almost all harvested. Large trucks passed us full of corn going to granaries where the corn waits to be taken by truck or train for processing.
The bear show was small but it was great to see all the other bearmakers and the bear collectors (of course). Edinburgh Imports was also there with tables full of mohair, alpaca , wool and synthetics. I had a wonderful time stroking the furs, choosing colors and so on... and brought home some wonderful new stuff!!





Pamela did not find her "forever" home ... but I am sure she will soon!
We are both tired but we had a really good time!


Here's my table...

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Your table looks amazing. Molasses is the same or certainly very similar to black treacle so would work very well. If you want to make ginger marmalade omit the molasses and add a tablespoon of ginger. I hope that helps.

diane b said...

That must be fun a BearShow. Your table looks lovely. Sad about Pamela, maybe next time.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh your bears are so wonderful. I love bears - have quite a few around the house - they seem to be getting into scrapes and a bit of mischief from time to time. None are the sweet handmade ones like you make, except for a tiny one - about 4 inches long, on wheels, that a friend made for me, sitting right in front of me and stitching it all by hand until it was done - and I was surprised when she left and I found it sitting on my bed table.