Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Quilting group tonight

My quilting group meets here ( at my house ) tonight....Actually only two quilt ,the rest do something else such as jewelry, bear making (me), crochet, and more. So we really should be called a" stitch and b***h"  group plus we eat!!
So today has been a tidy-up  and cook day. I found a recipe that I am going to try out on my group ... won top wrappers filled with cheese, bacon, peppers, sour cream and cream cheese.  My fingers are crossed.. hope they are as good as they sound.
Funny enough I was talking to one of the produce men in the grocery store... about peppers. I wanted ones that aren't as hot as jalapenos. Mentioned was I was making and he told me he had seen the recipe. So I will have to tell him how they turned out.... we chose anaheim peppers BTW.

I have been getting ahead of the holiday season bear-wise. I have two actual shows and two online shows coming up. My first actual show is the 20 - 21st of October up in Des Moines, Iowa. It takes us about 3 hours to drive there... all expressway but a nice drive. We even go past Madison County ... where the book "Bridges of Madison County" is situated. There is also a very nice little winery there and I am planning on buying some wine!!

Bob is going to be missing tonight ... off with our grandson to his Boy Scout meeting. Dominic's father will be at work and his mother here for quilting... so Bob stepped up !

The won ton wrapped appetizers were good!

2 comments:

diane b said...

Sounds like a fun night. We have a group in the village called "Craft and Chat" because some ladies just like to be there and not do much.I don't belong to it because I am at Movie Making Club instead. I like the idea of making bears.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What fun - I miss my group in California -haven't found one up here in Washington state yet. Sure would be fun to get together and stitch with friends again. Maybe I'll make more of an effort.