Tuesday, November 30, 2021

pantry??

 I've been reading about great pantries that people keep stocked with everything under the sun. Well we don't have a place in or near the kitchen for one. We live in a Missouri mid-70's house where pantries were not in vogue when it was built.

So... added one in the basement. it's not as handy nor does it have room for all those wonderful things other people seem to have... but it is a place where I can store extra purchases when they go on sale. It seems to have mostly canned things like soup, tomatoes, flour, sugar, mayo.... and empty canning jars!! Now if I would just check before I go shopping !! LOL

Our grocery stores are nearby and I used to go quite frequently... but when covid hit , this stopped. For awhile I did curbside pick up. 

Now I carefully make lists.. no more shopping for just a few things! Milk seems to be the deciding factor... when it gets low, I grab my list and off I go. 

While Bob was out on a doggie pea break visit with Harper and Scout I decided to start bringing down storage tubs of holiday stuff from the attic!! I managed to hang lights on the deck railings... but that's as far as I got!!

Tomorrow a trip to the pharmacy for my pills and a stop at the grocery store afterwards. Not milk... but bread this time!! Bob has been eating loads of turkey sandwiches...

No comments: