Saturday, November 13, 2021

Out and about

 Bob was willing to go with me to a craft show... It was being held in a small town about 30 minutes away and as an added inducement the town's antique shops were all having open houses!!

My reason for going,,, a chance to find some little presents for the Christmas exchange my quilting group has every year!! We usually meet at a restaurant and have dinner and exchange gifts. Last year we cancelled things... This year we are having a pot luck dinner at my house and the gift exchange.

The craft show was a good one... even had a glass of wine at a winery's booth ( unusual breakfast??) Was successful in finding exchange goodies and saw some crafters I hadn't seen in AGES!!

After the craft show we went and did a "look around" at a couple of antique stores.. 

The trip was interesting... we took the back way and hadn't driven that way for 6 months or more. Loads and loads of new houses being built... some of the farmers are holding onto their land with the idea of making a fortune as suburbia creeps ever closer! Some parts of our trip haven't changed one iota in the 35 plus years we have lived here!!

all in all... I enjoyed our outing! Nice to have someone to go with... nice to be successful in a gift search!!  Nice to have someone to carry my purchases!!

Tomorrow Bob and I go out to dinner with our daughters!!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Oh awesome! Sounds like a very successful venture and something super wonderful for the next day.