Wednesday, November 27, 2019

getting closer to Thanksgiving

I thought that with all my grocery lists I wouldn't end up hitting the grocery store again today... but we did. It seems there is always something that I have forgotten. Looking at the cars in the parking lot,  I'm not the only one!

Bob had to have some paperwork notarized so a trip to the bank was included in our trip out. Nice that one can have it done there free.
Our change holders had gotten very full so I scrounged up all I could find including the stuff in the bottom of my purse... and took it with us to the bank. The bank has a neat machine that counts all the change... throws out foreign ones or washers ... and gives you a receipt which you give to a teller and you get paper money in exchange, Or you can deposit it in our account.  Not more dividing the change by coin or wrapping it in paper holders!! Hooray!  My haul was $30.00  plus one large washer and one penny that had gone through the machine that made it oval in shape, very thin and embossed with "Love KC"!!!

We've been invited out for dinner this evening so it's rest and relax until then!!  We have bags of new books to read... hit the library on our trip out too!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Bettina. I’ve already been cooking for several hours and need to take a break. Family will be coming over tomorrow. So much to do! The grocery stores are PACKED right now.