Monday, February 11, 2019

Nearly fell

Yesterday Bob and I decided it was time to get out of the house. We had been housebound for three days... we had stocked up on supplies and really had no need. But after three days... we were ready. So off to an antique show we went.
The show was good...saw a friend who came down all the way from Des Moines, Iowa ( over three hours by car).  But the show didn't really have anything that interested Bob.  We trudged back to the car to go home... our spot wasn't close by with lots of people at the show and the parking lot was icey.  Getting myself into the car I felt my feet slipping out from underneath me.!  I had visions of falling and breaking something again !!  But luckily Bob put his feet in front of mine and stopped my slide!!
Until the ice is gone I am not going anywhere by myself !! I do feel OLD taking Bob's arm across our icey driveway to the stairs!

Well that was Saturday.... Sunday we made things ready for a family dinner. My elder daughter provided most of it. I added things that were supposed to be the refreshments for the cancelled quilting meeting.
It was good to see everyone and we all managed to "get over" the anniversary of Robb's death.

Today Bob and I went to church and lit candles for Robb... that wasn't easy. We lit the highest ones we could find since Robb had been 6'5" tall and some big ones too. Guess I must have made noise because someone had a packet of tissues for me as we were leaving.

Tomorrow is our 53rd wedding anniversary. We have dinner reservations at a restaurant called "Blue Stem" in a part of Kansas City called Westport. Westport used to be a small town on its own before it became part of KC and there was even a Civil War Battle there.

1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

This weather can be treacherous, often as not, and I'm glad to have a helping hand.