Monday, August 6, 2018

Going well ... mostly

Life has its ups and downs.... we ( my daughters and husband and I ) have been readying my son's house for sale. I hope he would have liked the things his sisters did... staging and finishing up some of his projects. It has all been very emotional.
 Some of the things we found while de-cluttering the house were surprising.... all his Boy Scout badges, books and his Eagle letter!!  His high school awards. Some of the letters he received when away.   I hadn't thought he was so sentimental.  These things are all packed up and in our attic now... his sisters will have to decide what to do with them when Bob and I are gone.
I also saved some of the toys he hadn't wanted to pass on... Bob saved all his wood working projects.

So the house should go on the market Monday.

The Bright Star Summer Sizzler show is going well.... I saved the task of packing the sold bears ( and a mouse) for TODAY .... because we are having new carpet laid in the family room and I needed to have something to do that wasn't in that room!!   BTW... Chase is going to Pennsylvania.

We are still hot and dry... It doesn't seem like back to school time. My daughter goes back to her school district this week - pre-kids stuff. The grand children go back next week to their schools.






2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That sounds like quite a project for you all, good that you we there to support each other:)

Granny Sue said...

I came over here after reading your post on Weaver of Grass. I too lost a son in an accident 8 years ago, so wanted to send you a hug as one sister in grief to another--but I am glad to see that you are moving ahead and still busy with life. It's a difficult path to finding joy again. I hope you continue to find you way.