Friday, November 3, 2017

Singer Featherweight

Bob fiddled with my Featherweight yesterday.... and didn't put things back together quite right!! I tried sewing... no go. Loops on the bottom, snapped threads etc. I tried adjusting the tension. Tried re-threading and on and on. Bob and I finally discovered that when he has taken out the ring holding the bobbin in place to clean and oil the area but he hadn't put it back in quite right.  The ring wouldn't hold the bobbin firmly ... When he fixed that.. it started sewing like a dream. This little machine was made in the mid 1930's... that means it is over 75 years old!  The gold decals show the machine was well used. I have the case and all the accessories too!
And I now have another bear ready for stuffing and accessorizing for the Bright Star show in December!!


2 comments:

diane b said...

That machine is the same age as me. I could do with an oil and clean. Its amazing how they still work but new ones are only made to last a few years.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love my featherweight. I've had the same problem until I figured out the correct placement. Glad yours is working great -now I'm off to explore more of your blog - it looks so interesting. Oh - and my husband found a white featherweight at a yard sale for 20.00 this summer - what a surprise it was to me. It is in brand new condition and even has the perfect original case. Now I have two - guess I'll have to sew more. LOL