Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Restored qult

Thirty plus years ago my Mother-in-law made my youngest a tied quilt using redwork squares I bought at an estate sale in Rochester, NY.   When I washed it ( the last time) the batting became all matted and nasty. I put it away and we forgot about it for  YEARS!!  At least 20 years.  I came across it earlier this year and decided to take it apart and see what could be done with it.   Then I washed the fabric... ironed it etc..... and took it to a friend who quilts for a living. 
Denise and I saw that there wasn't enough backing fabric for a standard quilt so she sewed the backing to light blue fabric... added new batting... machine quilted the whole thing and added binding in the same fabric as she used on the backing....
So now my daughter has her Grandmother's present back.... Can't wait to give it to her.... she had no idea this was in the works!!

No comments: