Wednesday, March 11, 2009

shell flowers



Have you seen baskets of flowers made from shells? I remember seeing them after relatives went to Florida when I was a child; and so when I saw an ad for shell classes in the Sanibel Island paper I knew I had to go. When I walked into the Community Center there were tables and people filling a large room. Each table seemed to be dedicated to making one sort of shell thingy. I was too late to try most of them... like the table where a man was making motorcycles from shells. But I did get to try making a flower.
When I got home with shells I gathered from the beaches myself... I made more. Here are pictures of the first ones . Corrie has a shell embellishment... it would be a hair barrette if her hair was longer! I have revamped Corrie's listing on Bearpile !

No comments: