Thursday, October 21, 2021

after the fundraiser

I haven't posted since the fundraiser... we have all been just too exhausted. My daughter ( the non-profit one) worked so hard on getting things organized she ended up sick. She finally went back to work today but only because she had a board meeting this afternoon. So we were back on doggie duty. Scout and Harper were delighted to see us with lots of licks and requests for petting!!

We are planning dinner together  this weekend. It will be one where each of us provides something. My part will be Greek Lasagna ( or Pastitsio  ) . I found an Ina Garten recipe... fingers crossed!

My grandson will be off to St. Louis tomorrow with the Blue Springs Golden Regiment Band for another competition. The band has been winning all the local competitions so fingers crossed they will do well in St. Louis. The band returns Sunday. 

Fall as arrived...but it will not be a gloriously colored one. Leaves are going blah and dropping. It's currently 48 degrees and the furnace is on.



2 comments:

Kay said...

Fingers crossed for your talented grandson and for the quick recovery of your daughter.

Dee said...

Dear Bettina, hope your Greek Lasagna turned ou9t well and that the recipe is a keeper. Also hoping that your grandson's regiment band did well in St. Louis. I, too, live in Missouri and the weather sort of skipped autumn--or so it seemed to me. My AC faltered in late summer and the furnace wouldn't work two weeks ago. Fortunately, I know a fine heating and cooling company and they installed both last Thursday. The house is toasty warm today and the cats are loving it! Take care. Peace.